I was all set to post our Pesto Tastings today for Foodie Friday (to be posted at a later date), but had a change of mind and heart seeing that the Labor Day holiday weekend is upon us. Thinking of this picnicking cook-out weekend…I’m thinking of really good burgers on the grill. And when I think of really good burgers, all I can think of are the really great burgers Murph always makes.
We call them Murph Burgers. And they are simply fantastic.
Marvelous Murph Burgers
1 – 1 1/2 pounds ground sirloin (makes 3-4 whopping big burgers)
To make the dry rub:
3 tablespoons Old Bay seasoning
3 tablespoons garlic powder
2 tablespoons ancho powder
- Preheat grill.
- Mix together all three ingredients on a plate.
- Form each burger (making sure not to overwork) and press both sides into the dry rub mixture.
- Making sure the grill is really hot, place burgers on the rack and do not press down with spatula (important tip in keeping them moist), and flip only once.
- After removing from the grill (mine is always the last one to come off), let them rest for a few minutes.
- Serve on a toasted split English muffin, and top off with a thickly sliced ripe garden tomato, onion, and a crisp lettuce leaf. Done.
Enjoy and please let me know how you like them.
Wishing you a terrific holiday weekend!