WFSB’s Better Connecticut co-host, Scot Haney came by to check out my fun idea for Halloween night…set up an outdoor party spot! Any patio, porch, or terrace will do!
Here are my 12 decorating tips to create a boo-tiful little spot for you and your friends to enjoy:
- A small table for the bar. I used a small demi-lune table from the living room.
- Seating. My old Adirondack chairs do the trick, as well as a bale of hay.
- A coffee table for the seating area. I used a bale of hay, and topped it off with an old wooden board.
- Wooly, cozy throw blankets to fend off the evening’s chill.
- Ornamental cabbages potted up in outdoor pots.
- For the bar: Glass hurricanes for candy corn and candle light, as well as an ice bucket.
- Spider, scorpion, and gummy worm ice cubes: Ice trays filled with water, plastic bugs, and gummy worms.
- Local spirits, and All Hallow’s Eve Blood Punch (see recipe here.)
- Footed glasses are tied with raffia.
- Crows from the dollar store are dotted throughout the space.
- Butternut Squash & Garlic Dip with Toasted Tortilla Chips (see recipe here.)
- My new Nora Murphy Country House candles, scent: Apple Picking, for intimate lighting and setting the mood with a quintessential autumn scent! Ahhh….
Click here to see more details, here’s my latest Better Connecticut segment in creating this Halloween Wine & Spirits Outdoor Lounge.
Enjoy, and Happy Halloween!