I always keep extra packages of frozen puff pastry in the freezer – it’s a staple in my kitchen. So when I’m expecting a couple of friends and I’m in a time crunch (which is usually most of the time!), this ooey-gooey warm little nosh is perfectly served with a crusty French baguette and chilled glasses of Sancerre wine.
Bon Appétit and Cheers! Love, Nora
A Baked Brie Bundle
1 sheet of Puff Pastry (I prefer Pepperidge Farm)
1 small Brie cheese
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Thaw pastry sheet and unfold onto a Silpat covered cookie sheet.
- With a rolling pin lightly make smooth.
- Place Brie round in center, and just like wrapping a gift – bring sides together in the center. Do the same with the corners.
- Pinch together on top to keep together.
- Using a fork or whisk, lightly beat egg in a cup. Using a pastry brush, brush egg mixture onto exposed dough.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until the pastry is golden brown.
- Remove from oven and let it rest for 10-15 minutes, and serve.
Serve on a small decorative plate/platter, and simply garnish with fresh cut thyme sprigs.