One of my very favorite (and easiest!) things to make during the holidays is Cheese Straws. I whipped up a big batch the other day for an Open House my dear friends were having, and as usual these crispy cheesy straws were a big hit! Yay!
Country House Cheese Straws
1 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
1 cup freshly grated Romano cheese
2 sheets Pepperidge Farm Frozen Puff Pastry, thawed
• Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
• Line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
• On a Silpat or marble surface liberally sprinkle Parmesan cheese.
• Apply 1 thawed puff pastry sheet to sprinkled surface and flatten with a rolling pin.
• Sprinkle top surface with the Romano cheese, and roll surface.
• Using a pizza cutter of sharp knife, cut dough into ½”-1” strips.
• Gently twist each strip and place on parchment paper lined cookie sheet, spacing about 1” apart.
• Bake 10-15 minutes.