In the middle of January, with these frigid temps here in Connecticut, all I want to do is stay warm and cozy. For me, that starts with my home.
There are certain tried and true elements that I add or move around the house to create a warm and comfy haven.
Here are my Top 10:
1. Layering artwork, including art that reflects the season.
2. Stacks of warm and cozy throws throughout.
3. Wooly pillows that are rich in color and pattern. I love a healthy mix!
4. Old handmade rugs that I can add to bare floors.
5. I love a mix of warm woods, from natural hand cut to turned.
6. Hearty stoneware. The more the merrier!
7. Textured glass with lots of bubbles. (I love this year round!)
8. Rich copper accents.
9. Warm toned stone, for example, old Alabaster.
10. Lots of vintage baskets!
And as you know, everything about Nora Murphy Country House keeps in rhythm with the seasons – including
this weekend’s Hunt Club Collection that is all about cozying up our homes. I hope my Top 10 may inspire…