It has to be authentic. That’s my motto.  And when we head out for a family getaway to Nantucket Island, the Cozy House is just that…authentic.

Located on the southern coast of the island, The Cozy House is a throw back to a simpler time. Tiny in scale, yet big on charm and personality. And I love that. This sweet and humble abode has been owned by one family, and all the personal mementos tucked and tacked here and there…and everywhere…show the love and good times that have been had by all.

We can see and hear the ocean from the Cozy House. I love the sound of waves crashing all day and into the night. With no air conditioning, just the strong ocean breeze blowing through the old screen windows is all we need. A typical day starts right on the beach with a full cup of freshly brewed coffee in hand. A sand path thick with rosa rugosas and low growing shrubs leads us right down to the water. Heaven.

I find that we eat lighter and healthier here. There’s nothing like oysters from the little seafood market, fresh fish Murph has caught off the beach, and summer salad from the local farm stand. With a simple kitchen set-up, its just right. As a matter of fact, it’s the simple pleasures that rule our days here: swimming and body surfing, beach combing, outdoor showers, barefeet and flip flops, good books, board games and frisbee, evening fire pit and sunset watching!

Always the perfect getaway for the Murphy’s.

Love, Nora

• Awww…. sounds like heaven !

• Sounds so relaxing! Wonderful Summer beach time!

• Rebecca A Dexter says:
    July 20, 2018 at 3:10 pm Reply

Just love it…I have been to Nantucket twice and, of course, fell in love but unfortunately it is very far away from the north woods of Wisconsin. Cozy House reminds me so much of the inland lake summer homes that people in this area escape to each summer. Enjoy!

• Diane Ruebel says:
    July 20, 2018 at 3:53 pm Reply

Thank you for sharing your Nantucket “heaven.” May your daily routines and adventures pile on your endless summer memories.

With admiration,
    Diney on Camano Island

• Shirley Graham says:
    July 20, 2018 at 5:54 pm Reply

Love the cottage & enjoyed all the pictures. Thanks so much & enjoy the rest of the summer!

• Nora Nantucket is my my favorite place to be ~ Im lucky Im on cape cod so can always visit..spend years at the youth hostel when my kids were young ….headed over soon enjoy the simple life style ~ keep us posted xo Lorraine

• Lorraine Spenle says:
    July 20, 2018 at 7:42 pm Reply

Nora can you give me the info on the cottage I may want to rent if its available ? thank you

• That is really all you need….. wonderful!

• Enjoy your time at The Cozy House. Looks wonderful and stress free. It is like going back to a simplier time. Thank you for sharing. 💝 Love it! Xo

• Anne Irving says:
    July 22, 2018 at 11:09 am Reply

And I also see your home, just as quaint and beautiful!

• Michelle Karabinas says:
    July 22, 2018 at 12:00 pm Reply

Hoping we will see a Nantucket candle collection soon!

• Maude Ciardi says:
    July 24, 2018 at 9:37 am Reply

Just amazing . I thank you for sharing your cottage and pictures with us. This is my wish for a Nantucket vacation. Just in case I do not get there this year, I will look at your blog and dream! SO thank you again . It certainly is a Cozy Cottage and authentic is the way you can describe it.

• Meredith Scott says:
    July 30, 2018 at 11:38 am Reply

Memories of our dune shack on the National Seashore come from your recent post. Sadly it is no longer— but I would love information on renting this magnificent beauty. Any information you can share regarding rentals would be greatly appreciated.
    Thank you for showing me beauties like this still exist!
    Meredith